Eucalyptol – A Terpene with Restorative Health Boost Properties
A natural organic compound Eucalyptol is a colourless fluid, cyclic ether and a monoterpenoid. Eucalyptol is a component used in various products of mouthwash and cough suppressant. It manages airway mucus hyper secretion and asthma through anti-inflammatory cytokine inhibition. Eucalyptol is an effective treatment for non- purulent rhinosinusitis. Eucalyptol when applied topically relieves inflammation and pain. It also battle with vitro leukaemia cells.
Even though the name derived from the Australian eucalyptus tree, eucalyptol present in numerous herbs, like tea tree, cardamom, rosemary, sage and bay leaves. Originally in 1870 extracted by a French chemist, it is also generally known as 1,8-cineole.
This terpene has a fresh minty aroma, with traces of spice and honey. The aroma is generally related with massage ointments for painful joints and muscles. It can also be associated to camphor and cause a chill sensation.
Eucalyptus oil, and therefore eucalyptol, are extremely admired in aromatherapy; inhaling eucalyptus oil has been revealed to relieve pain and decrease blood pressure. In simple words, always smell marijuana.
- Proves to be potentially effective in order to combat tuberculosis.
- End the growth of dangerous cells and expansion of cholesterol.
- Destroys colon cancer cells and leukemia cells completely.
- Benefits the lung to function properly. Improves asthma, and overall health of asthma sufferers.
- Provides an anti-inflammatory impact on bronchial asthma.
- Sinus infections are effectively cured by using cineole.
- Helps in combating harmful bacteria and fights with E. coli, Staph. aureus, and more.
- Posses an anti-inflammatory property that can assist with curing neurodegenerative ailments such as Alzheimer’s.
- Anti-fungal but MSU produced a kind of fungus that develops eucalyptol that can be used as a fuel additive.
- Enhances flow and reduce pain when applied topically for peripheral neuropathy.
The eucalyptol oil is an ideal ingredient to a home-made pain ointment. Eucalyptus, rosemary and other sweet-scented essential oils with eucalyptol can be mixed with coconut and jojoba oils for making a soothing massage oil. It can be massaged into the hurting areas many times every day for effective pain management. A slightly warm essential oil can be mixed to balance the chill feeling of the eucalyptol. People who are psychologically weak and incapable to remember things or forgot things easily have found eucalyptol to be a useful remedy. It can be consumed to assist in improving sleep disorders and overall psychological performance.
Cannabis Strains having Eucalyptol
- Super Silver Haze
- Bubba Kush
- Girl Scout Cookies
The functions of the Eucalyptol oil aids to reduce phlegm and clear our body from poisonous chemicals and elements that may cause severe ailments. Those who are feeling unwell can put few drops in the diffuser while going to sleep. It is good to have tissues and other items handy for the mucous that is discharged through these treatments.